Thursday 24 April 2008

Interview Endcap



The author interviews I'm posting online are also being displayed in store. As my latest interviewee asked to see photos, I've decided it would be fun to post them here to show what my endcaps look like and how I plan them.

As Rob Thurman just had her third book published, I've put her interview on my new author endcap (for authors with 2 books or less). In other cases I've been putting the interivews either on my SF endcap (currently Military SF) or my fantsy endcap (On the Wings of... which recently switched out to Blast from the Past, for pulp SF/Fantasy).

Again in Rob's case, the top row has her books framed by the two pages of her interview. If authors have numerous books they get the second row too. As there are several newer authors who, like Rob, have male protagonists, I've showcased them on the second row. I've cheated a bit and added the Supernatural tie-ins (since they crossover nicely with her novels). This allows customers to discover a new featured author or, if they've read her books before, find sometheing comparable.

Who said sales is boring?

No comments: