Sunday 27 March 2011

Genre News

I know I can't compete with the amazing SF Signal Tidbits page or Grasping for the Wind's Geek Media Round-up, but I do get periodic press releases about SF items, and don't always have time to give those press releases individual posts.  So here are a few things coming up:

Inheritance, book 4 in Christopher Paolini's bestselling series of the same name (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr) will be published on November 8th, 2011.  Paolini will be doing a 10-city author tour to promote the book.  While I wasn't a big fan of the books, I know many others are, so if you've been waiting for the end of this series, the wait's almost over.

Online Colleges has posted yet another SF related reading list.  This time it's the 80 greatest science fiction books for kids [Edited July 2012 to add: I've deleted the link as an email I received said it's no longer active].  There are a lot of great selections.  I'd add the rather new 0.4 by Mike Lancaster, which I read a few weeks back and loved.  The City of Ember (Jeanne DuPrau), Inside Out (Maria Snyder) and Unwind (Neal Shusterman) would also make my list.

Finally, ChiZine Press's Chiaroscuro Reading series is proud to announce that Robert Shearman will be a guest at their April event.  From the release:

On April 12, 2011, the Chiaroscuro Reading Series (chiseries.webs.com) will feature an exclusive reading by British Fantasy Award-winning author Robert Shearman, best known for the rebirth of the iconic Daleks in the re-imagined Doctor Who, at the Augusta House, just in time for the launch of Doctor Who: Season Six.

Authors Robert Paul Weston and Robert Priest will also be reading.

No comments: