Thursday 15 December 2011

I Feel Another Review Vacation Coming On

I've noticed my book reviews getting a lot more nitpicky lately and have decided I need another review vacation.  I've got a few outstanding requested books I'll be reading the next few weeks, then I plan on taking January off to read a few books I've been looking at for a while now and not reading because of my obligation reads.  My short vacation will give me the breather I need to start reviewing books with a more critical (rather than criticizing) eye.

I may even take a week and not read anything.  ...  Yeah, I doubt I'll be able to.  Reading's too ingrained.  If I don't have a book on the go I get bored, even if there are other things I could be doing.  And there are always other things I could be doing.  Besides, that week off could be Gateway by Poul Anderson or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (can you believe I've never read it?  And I consider myself well versed in dystopian fiction).

Anyway, you can still expect to see book reviews, I'll just take a bit longer to get to books I've been sent after December, and won't be accepting any new review titles for a while.

Blogger's not letting my update my design so my 'Book Review Request' section doesn't reflect this yet.  I'm hoping they solve whatever's wrong so I can do that soon.

No comments: