Friday 16 March 2012

Ah, Technology...

I posted about Phuture News' enhanced ebook yesterday, and apparently people encountered some trouble accessing the novella, Atopia 1.  I didn't try it myself, not having a kindle or using the kindle app.  But what's the fun of new technology if it doesn't have little hiccups along the way?

This morning I received an email from Mr Mather:


Many apologies, but after talking with a few people it seems there was a technical issue with the augmented reality target in "Atopia 1 - Blue Skies" yesterday that made it difficult for some people to view the augmented reality image.

I have corrected the issue with an updated version. If you had any problems seeing the augmented reality image yesterday (it should work very easily!) you can upload a new augmented reality image by downloading "Atopia 2 - Timedrops" (the 2nd part of the series) right now (it is $0.99 cents...)...

...or you can download a new copy of "Atopia 1 - Blue Skies" tomorrow (Saturday) by following the instructions below  ...

To load a new copy of Atopia 1 you would need to erase your current version by following these steps

1) Type "my kindle" into search bar in Amazon.com
2) Cllick "manage my kindle" from list of options that appear
3) On list item "Atopia 1" that appears in your list of Kindle items, click "actions" and then choose option "delete"
4) Type "Atopia" in search bar and reload Atopia 1

Many apologies for any wasted time or frustrations...it is a very cool effect and I will make sure to test for thoroughly in the future...!

No comments: