Wednesday 14 September 2016

Video: Candy Bar Controllers

I'm always on the look out for some great nerd friendly birthday and Christmas gifts for my husband. So Nerdy Nummies (the playlist by Rosanna Pansino) was a wonderful find.  These candy bar controllers were high on my list of things to try. If you don't have the molds, consider that any novelty silicone ice cube tray can be used for chocolates (ebay can be great for these - I got my lego trays for a few bucks each).



Like her, I got my controller at Think Geek, but it's no longer listed on their website.  For fillings, I used peanut butter, chocolate cream cheese, and Skor bits with caramel sauce. In the picture on the left below you can see the fillings before I added the chocolate on top. I filled them a bit too much, and so had to be extra careful to make sure the back sealed with the sides properly (especially with the caramel, which didn't harden like the other fillings and so was trickier to cover).


My controllers don't look quite as good as Nerdy Nummies', but they were pretty easy to make and they are super cute.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are the measurements of each of the cavities?

Jessica Strider said...

The NES controller is 7.1 cm x 3.1 x 1.7 deep. The PS controller is about 7 x 4.5 x 2.5. And the Genesis (?) controller is 7.2 x 5.2 x 1.7.